Tuesday, November 22, 2011


I've got three posts to post--maybe four--but I'll post them in the order they need to be seen on the blog, since the most recent ones go to the top. Maybe there is a way to fix that. But try teaching a trick to an old dog.

Dana and I seized the weekend and went to Eureka Springs--did the bed & breakfast thing, ran some trailz, walked up and down the hills of downtown, went to a country music show, and viewed lots of artsy things and antiques. This post will deal with the latter.Visiting shops in Eureka Springs gets a little redundant. There are lots of t-shirts with old cliched slogans, "I was here" themes, "mine is bigger/better than yours" themes, and pictures of cats. I have to many t-shirts as it is. I take pix to show I was wherever, cats own the house I live in, and bigger/better--well in the words of Popeye, "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam." Then there's lots of wood carved stuff, fudge, leather shops (where I always ALMOST buy something but don't), shops with ridiculous worthless knick-knacks, and finally, art shops and antique stores. We visited several antique stores that were borderline flea markets, but interesting all the same.One antique mall/flea market had lots of artsy fartsy stuff that was not so high priced that I could not afford it, but instead, I took a picture and it almost seemed like I was stealing. The above metal ant was cool. It might have made a good yard ornament, or something good on top on my mantel.Right beside the red ant was this old car. Again, something I kinda wanted, but it was better to just admire it there.Same artist, most likely.Actually, I regret not buying this. If it's there next time up, it's coming home with me. Santa????Same theme--crawling critters made out of inanimate materials. I like it.Not saying this is a work of art, but the scrabble thing was glued down and for sale. There were a few extra tiles laying around, so I put my two cents in. I am WAY behind on my WWF right now.On to the antiques, these two old radios were something Ida liked to have brought home--but where to put them? I doubt that they worked worth a flip. Plus, I never listen to anything but Sirius/XM, Spotify, or Pandora.Another antique--something that would be valuable to someone. I thought it was pretty cool. And weird.This was another piece I spent some time looking at before taking a pic and walking on. Pink. I like pink. This is not a masterpiece, but still I felt it had a lot of feeling in it.An old time Jack-in-the-Box. One that did not work, but was very colorful. The flash on my camera seemed to light up the color.Ok--I gotta confess--I am easily freaked out by clowns and dolls. This doll gave me the heebie jeebies.One word--CREEPY!!Mannequins are a little scary, but I had no problems with this one.What's your take--is photographing stuff like this kosher?

No comments:

Post a Comment