Monday, August 15, 2011

progress report




In the last 11 days, I have been on a tear. I've biked or ran (some days both) every day, and have had 127.3 biking miles and 105.5 running miles. My training for my fall races is doing ok--by the numbers anyway. I think I have solved my blister issues, thanks to Eric Steele and his foot concoction. The potential chafing probs are always kept at bay with Dana's SacSoSoft. Swallowing enough SaltSticks and organic sea salt keeps my tummy happy and keeps cramps away. I plan on using Do-Wacka-Do as my last long run in preparation for FLATROCK, where I hope to come away with my KNIGHTHOOD, a permanent cloth bib and lifetime entry to more of the ROCK, and enough umption to do well at Arkansas Traveller the next week. I want a sub 8:00 at Do-Wacka, 7:52 or faster at FlatRock, and a sub 24 at AT100. (I can dream, can't I?)

I still have not made hill work a part of my weekly routine, and I could still work some of that in. The other numbers (the lbs) have only slightly declined. I am down about 8, and would like another 15 to GO AWAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment