Thursday, August 4, 2011

finding the world




Sometimes work takes me to wide open spaces. I see endless roads, blue skies and playful clouds that stretch on forever. But me in my work clothes, my running shoes miles away on the bedroom floor....at least I have my camera.Making mental notes of this road for a long run or a bike ride someday. This hill should get the blood pumping.
An open gate--seems inviting, A beckon to a slower paced life, the worries of the city 40 miles away.

This morning with faint clouds smeared across the sky, it was a mere 90° at 11:00 instead of 103° like it was at this time yesterday. Still, this cluster of cattle jockeyed for position under this shade tree.
The story of this old structure was left untold this day. I thought about how proud the builders were of this small rock house when it was finished. Maybe it was a well house. or an extension of a larger structure that is now gone....
Miles of rolling hills, horizons, and roads undiscovered (by me at least.)
The community of Tiawah. Several compact but steep hills surround the town. But no time today to explore.
Finally, I discovered the world. It's been right here all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment