Monday, June 6, 2011

TOT TREK




Sunday morning, the TOTs met over at the westside Y for the weekly run. It was a bit of an odd day--Stormy was in ElReno doing a tri, Catherine was in Kansas, Brian was home with a sore back, and I was there to organize the walking group, the super speedy group, the perfect go up of various runners, and the little TOTs. WOW!A small crowd showed up, and it was not really all that big of a deal to split things up. Brad was the only fast runner. (The above pic was taken by Aaron with my Canon. Aaron has a knack of staying on the back side of the camera. I'll get him next week.)

The little TOTs and their parents (and aunt) took them for about 2 miles. My group started out 7 strong, and then Brad and John decided to move out a little quicker. Kirk stayed with the little TOTs, and newcomers Nick and Sarah and I did the jog/walk thing.
I showed them some of the easier trailz on the northwest side, including the perimeter trail of Lake Pepsi. They wanted to get 2 miles in, and like a good TATUR, I got them what they wanted and a little extra. We ended up with 2.2 for the outing. Hope you guys will come back to run with us againb (and again.) I have a pretty good idea they will.

The little TOTs came roaring back in next, trailed by the moms and dads and aunt. Everything worked out well, especially because there was a huge mountain bike race all over the trailz that started at 9:00.
Brad and I went back out for 3 more miles, and this old codger (me) ran down Jelly Legs in a record time. (I say that, because I have never ran all the way down it before.) It seemed really fast, but my garmin said top speed was only 8:04. It felt good to run fast. It also felt good to run that fast and stay upright.

No comments:

Post a Comment