Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday morning trailz


This morning, despite some syrupy humidity and light-toast heat, a smaller than usual crowd met at Turkey Mountain to run trailz. After dividing into the usual groups, we tool out for a hop-fest over roots and rocks.My gang of hearty trail trompers. I knocked down the spider webs as we did a red loop, and headed down the lower (lo-chi) trail. I managed to duck under a fallen tree, but Edward behind me should ducked just a little lower.
He was careful to not wipe the blood off before I got a pic. And actually, he wore his bloodstream for the rest of the run. I offered to super-glue it back together--it could have used a stick or a butterfly bandage.
We climbed the BIG hill at the end of the trail. By my calculations, this is the 2nd worse climb on Turkey Mountain.
 We ended up with 4 miles in about an hour although my Garmin was set on auto-pause from the other day when I biked.

Speaking of biking, Dana and I are heading out for 15-20 in the saddle here in a bit. Then, I may take my mountain bike to the east trailz on Turkey. Somewhere in there, the back yard needs to get cut and bailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment