Tuesday, June 28, 2011

midweek runs




Tuesday nights are becoming my favorite night to run. The TOTs, in the past month, have started a weeknight run on Turkey Mountain, and folks have been coming out in droves. Tonight, we had over 70 runners--some fast, some faster, some pokie runners like me, and a few walkers as well.I've made a few new friends, and am trying to sharpen my name remembering skills. Tim is one such new friend. He ran with us last Tuesday night, and was back for 4.5 miles on a huge loop that took us to the Westside Y and back.
Brian and Stormy were there tonight--which meant I did not have to give instructions. Brian's booming voice needs no megaphone!
My group had 23 this week. Last week, the number was over 30. We stop at most of the major intersections to let everyone catch up. (It gives me a moment to catch my breath, and get a couple of pictures in.)
Around halfway through our run, we stopped for a group pic. Brian took the pic and instead of saying "Say CHEESE,", he blurted out something about "grabbing Ken's butt!" The effect varied from a snicker to a look of nausea. Maybe saying "cheese" would have been better. Leading these runs gets me 4-5 miles that seem so easy. Visiting with friends while running trailz is as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment