Friday, October 16, 2009

ICEBREAKER




Jason and Lisa, for the year and a half that I've known them, have preached the benefits of Icebreaker Merino Wool. Jason ALWAYS wears an Icebreaker shirt, and underwear. He claims that it never stinks and he wears his shirts and underwear for up to TWO WEEKS before washing it!!! He also claims that the record for wearing a Merino Wool top without washing is 260 days (not by him).

Now let it be known: I am skeptical about this. When I peel my sweaty tech shirts off after a day of running, I have to yank it quickly over my head or else the stench provokes a gag reflex. And I have no problem going to the extra trouble of changing under shorts more often than every two weeks.

When RunnersWorld started carrying a few Icebreaker items, I decided to give the tops a try. It is a little itchy at first, and Jason swears it will get better....the itchy fibers wear of, and/or your body gets used to it. Time will tell. It's a bit pricey, but if it keeps you warm on cool days and comfortable on warm days, and never needs washing, it will end up being a bargain. I tried a GT200 on tonight, and the clincher was when Sandra accused me of looking "too hip." I knew I had to have one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment