Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Egads, I am so tired of tapering. It's 7:15 and I want to head out the door and run long! But I will wait. Saturday I go to Mountain Home Arkansas with my good friend Johnny Spriggs to run the first leg of a double (2 marathons in 2 days). Johnny is beyond help mentally, as he routinely runs doubles. He even ran a triple....that's 3 marathons in a row around Lake Tahoe. Strangely he ran each day a little faster. 
Hmmmph! Right now, Johnny is sitting on 75 career marathons, and 26 for the year. He is the animal he has become.I truly hope the Mountain Home Marathon is hiLLy. Lots of good places to walk and work other muscles in my legs. The next day is my hometown marathon, Route 66. I will start this one with tired legs, but I want to run a respectable time. Gone is the hope of breaking 4 hours. I doubt I could do that again even if I was fresh. But, 4:30 might be in the cards. 


Why run 2 marathons back-to-back? Well, it challenges your reserve, makes you listen to your body, conserve energy when you can, and lay it all out to finish. It's also cheaper than golf! I get the same satisfaction running 2 marathons in a weekend as I do finishing a 100 miler, but with a lot less wear and tear on my body. (Plus, I have DNFd my last 3 100s.)

No comments:

Post a Comment