Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy eating

In considering my eating plans today, I hope to stick with my gluten-free/all organic diet. Having adhered firmly to this regiment for 11 days now and seeing a 7 lb weight loss, I don't want to undo my efforts all in one day. I DO love my fare (ample) share of turkey and all the trimmings, SOME of the casseroles, and PIE. I am sure many years on Thanksgiving day, I've consumed over 20,000 calories in one sitting. This got me to wondering what the world record for most calories consumed in one meal. Google listed the following story, taken from MAIL Online magazine.


A New Jersey woman who hopes to become the fattest woman in the world got 30,000 calories closer to her 1,000 lb goal with a festive feast that could have fed dozens of revelers. 644 lb Donna Simpson, sitting in a reinforced metal chair, chowed down on the world's biggest Thanksgiving dinner as she ate for two straight.
The single mother-of-two tucked into two 25 lb turkeys, two maple-glazed hams, 15 lbs of potatoes (10 lbs roast, 5 lbs mashed), five loaves of bread, five pounds of herb stuffing, four pints of gravy, four pints of cranberry dressing and an astonishing 20 lbs of vegetables.
Big business: Donna's high calorie diet costs her £500 a week - funded by a website she has set up for 'fat admirers' who pay to look at photos of her eating
Big business: Donna's high calorie diet costs her $800.00 a week - funded by a website she has set up for 'fat admirers' who pay to look at photos of her eating.

After polishing off her enormous main course, she still had room for dessert and ate a 'salad' made of marshmallow, cream cheese, whipped cream and cookies.
Donna's two children, Devin, 14, and Jacqueline, three, enjoyed a more modest feast.
The 5'2 Donna defended her $245.00 meal, saying: 'I eat as much as I want, whenever I want but at this time of year I really go all out.'
'Thanksgiving should give you carte blanche to do whatever you want.'
Donna, who insists she is healthy, told the Sunday Mirror: 'People who feel guilty about eating are hilarious.'
Donna hopes to one day be the Guinness World Record holder for fattest woman. She is already on the books as the world's fattest mum, having given birth to Jacqueline in 2007 when she weighed 38 stone
Donna hopes to one day be the Guinness World Record holder for fattest woman. She is already on the books as the world's fattest mum, having given birth to Jacqueline in 2007 when she weighed 532 lbs. She makes a living from being fat, getting paid to make public appearances and keeping a website where people can pay to watch her eat.

WHAT SHE ATE
2 portions of 25 lb oven roasted turkeys
2 portions of 15 lb maple glazed hams
10 lbs of roast potatoes
5 lbs of mashed potatoes
5 lbs of chopped carrots
5 lbs of sweetcorn
5 lbs of roasted butternut squash
5 parcels of house-baked bread
4 pints of cranberry relish
4 pints of home-made gravy
5 lbs of herb stuffing
1 tray of mixed green salad including salad dressing 

CALORIE TOTAL: 30,000

Already a Guinness world record holder for being the largest woman to ever give birth, Donna hopes to gain 350 lbs more and officially become the fattest woman in the world.
She got the Guinness World Record as  the world's fattest mother, when she gave birth in 2007 weighing 532 lbs.
She needed a team of 30 medics to deliver her daughter Jacqueline during a high-risk Cesarean birth.
Donna met Jacqueline's father Philippe on a dating site for plus-size people, even though he weighed only 140 lbs. He supported her 12,000-calorie a day diet and was a 'belly man' who loved her enormous shape.
Donna has always been plus sized.
When she  was 19 she met her first husband, who worked as a chef at a steak restaurant.
'He worked night shifts and would come home at 2 or 3  am and bring the leftovers with him,' she said.
She insists she's healthy even though she needs a scooter to get around and can barely walk. Her Christmas feast cost an astonishing £150
She insists she's healthy even though she needs a scooter to get around and can barely walk. Her Thanksgiving feast cost an astonishing $245.00.
'We'd stay up and eat huge piles of steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy with butter.I started gaining weight quickly and my husband liked it. He said I was sexier when I was bigger, and I felt happier too.'

When she was 27, Donna weighed 350 lbs, and fell pregnant with her eldest son, Devin. Her marriage ended soon after and she turned to food for comfort. By the age of 31, she weighed 602 lbs and decided to try and lose weight. She lost 70 lbs in six months and was due to have a gastric band operation. But just before she was due to go under the knife, her friend died during a similar operation. 'That was a sign for me,' she said. 'I decided it just wasn't worth it. I like being the way I am.'

Donna, then 532 lbs, came across a website which celebrated obese women. When she admitted her real size, Donna was flooded with emails from men. 'They sent me gifts through the post, like protein shakes to help me put on weight faster,' she said.
And she's unrepentant of her weight-gain goal, despite risking her own life in the process.
'I love eating and people love watching me eat,' she said. 'It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone.'

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you had a good dinner. Heather and her mom cooked an all gluten free meal for Thanksgiving. It wasn't low cal though.

    ReplyDelete