Thursday, September 1, 2011



TZ TRACKS has not really been all that interesting as a guessing game. Maybe if there were awesome prizes or something....
So, this time, there's no guessing necessary. These are trailz southwest of Chandler Park. I really don't know why I don't go there more often.
There is some single track, but most of it is more like this--jeep roads, fire roads, ATV trailz, call them what you want. For my purposes, they are quite runnable, hilly, rocky in places, enough shade for a 103° day, and I suspect there's over 20 miles to run.
Ya say you want mud?? Here ya go!
I left with my Garmin, camera, and two 22 ounce water bottles. I thought I'd run south and west on trailz I've never ran on until one bottle was dry, and then turn back north and east.
Bottle one was drained on this climb.
The climb was worth it. Out of three pictures taken of this vista, this was the best. But it was a much more impressive view--ya had to be there....
I reached the powerline that runs east and west across this expanse of wilderness. This is a great trail for hill work, and if you're lost up here, you can follow this to the east and pick up a trail back to the parking lot. But it was HOT, and I chose a shaded trail heading north, with out as many hills.
One hour in, and I was nearing the bottom of the second water bottle. But no worries--the trail I was following went right to where I thought, and I was close to my car.
This red dirt road leads right to the gravel road that goes by the baseball field where I was parked. Been heremany times.

This is a great area for a lot of trail exploration. It's an awful place to run when it's muddy, but today was great. It's my little secret--but I'm sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment