Friday, September 23, 2011

taper induced prerace, prerace-directing stress


Stress. This week has had it. A lot of small fires need blowing out, and I am puffed out. But as a result of myfireman's antics together with fellow firefighters Brian and Kathy, a lot of race stuff is coming together. Shirts are here on Friday--both the long sleeved tech shirts, and the spectacularly nice polar fleece shirts. They go to the printer and the embroider folks, who will have them ready by packet pickup.
This is the logo embroidered on the navy blue polar fleece.

Race numbers are ordered--custom race numbers--ones that could go in a shadowbox along with your hard earned medal or belt buckle.

Porta-johns are ordered. No, I am not gonna post a pic of a crapper.

We are working with Garden Deva for nice trophies unique awards for the male and female winners of each distance. No pictures yet--but I'm waiting for the design from their creative minds.

I took a run this evening to clear my mind--supposed to be tapering, I know. When I am wired up (big time stress compounded by taper), I crave food. Give me chocolate. Give me ice cream. Give me pie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment