Sunday, October 24, 2010

Too much playin', not enough runnin'




It was raining, the trails were no doubt a little muddy, but the patter of raindrops on a decaying canopy of leaves were enough of a lure to get us to our trails.Fall colors are getting better all the time even though the dry spell we had put a bit of a damper on the splendor. The rustle of the late October wind through the scrub oaks of the hills was music--if you stopped to listen.For a brief period, I ran fast.
But having my camera with me, and the fact that I ran last night, I decided to take the time the day seemed to ask of me.I looked for colors, I looked for angles I had never seen before. This is on the yellow trail, from a reptiles perspective.There are hundreds, maybe thousands of eyes watching you on the mountain. You just have to find them.Moving along, I put my camera back in my pocket--but just for a while.An ancient tombstone just off the trail. There are many. Tread lightly!I'm always looking for eyes and faces. This one creeps me out!! This is not too far from the Oklahoma rock.

Looking forward to running tomorrow morning--so good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment