Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Testing the waters




This afternoon, Wednesday, I ventured out for a short run. My massage/torture lady along with the chiropractor she works with agreed that my foot issues were (in their words) a classic sprain. The peroneal tendonitis did not seem to concern them, although it certainly concerned me last Saturday! They did not tell me I could not run, but advised I stay off the trails for a while. Landing on sloped surfaces = bad. Landing on flat even surfaces = acceptable. So, I decided to test my ankle out.I walked a few steps, and broke out into a j o g.
Nothing seemed to hurt, and I promised myself to stop if anything got too ouchie.

Then, I passed a trail!! Oh, I wanted to go! I knew what was around the bend, and the dry creek that I would have got to cross, and the deep woods, the pristine single-track, the dips and crests, where I used to run fast. But I trotted on past.
The paved trail at the base of Turkey Mountain is a good place for a quick jaunt out-and-back. It's nice soft asphalt, as good of a paved surface that one could run on.
Along the sanitary treatment plant--not the best of Tulsa by any means, but it is still good to have a continuous trail around the Arkansas River.
I've been working with my new camera, and all the settings. I have to give myself a D- so far. There is not an instruction manual, not that I read or follow directions. The instructions are "built in" to the camera menu. Nearly every pic I have taken so far has had to muck light in it, and has been blurry. The "auto" does not really work. Different light settings make blue pictures. This bridge pic, well, at least one of the many I took, turned out.But I published them all in B/W, cuz I wanted to! Actually, even though it was just 4 miles, and even though it was a very slow run, it was a GOOD RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment