Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mother Road--the Marathon





Tomorrow morning at the butt crack of 5:00 I'll stumble out of a Best Western in Joplin , Missouri and board a bus to Commerce, OK to run 26.2 on Old Route 66. It is on 13 miles that the Mother Road 100 will be on in later in November. Luv me sum concrete!  I had a wild hair to run from the finish to the start, running all night, and then running the marathon in the morning. Seemed like a good idea, needing a long run and all. But 100% of my peers thought is was less than a good idea. My friend Kathy thought I should rest my foot/ankle and just run the marathon. Such a thoughtful friend. (I almost had her talked into running it with me!)

My thoughts and well wishes are with my friend Bill Ford, who is more than halfway through his 1st 100 miler at Heartland. Go Bill!!!BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment