Friday, September 4, 2009

UPDATED UPDATE




Just a quick post. We are in Manitou Springs, Colorado at the base of Pike's Peak. Plan to either drive or ride the cog to the top tomorrow.
This evening, we met my blogger friends Steve and Kathleen.They rolled out the red carpet for us, and when considering the trails they showed us, that was one long roll of carpet!We met at Garden of the Gods. Steve and I ran 6 good miles through some of the awesome rock formations.
Steve took a few pics, and Dana took a few more. Bad news is, I left my camera cable at home! So, these are all borrowed pics from Steve and Kathleen's blog. I'll have more tomorrow. (Update, Steve emailed me a few pics from his camera. Thanks, Steve!!)

After the run, Steve and Kathleen treated us to one of their fave places to eat! (And ya know zombies like to eat!) We had baja tacos and mahi tacos, and good times as well. S and K have the gift of hospitality, and we really loved meeting them in person. The plans are: they are meeting us again at the American Discovery Marathon on Monday to cheer us on, and maybe run a few miles with us ala bandit style! I look forward to hanging out with them again and introducing them to my Tatur friends!!

Tomorrow, we'll do Pike's Peak, maybe explore a couple of other trails, visit REI, eat some more good food, and then leave Saturday morning super early for Albuquerque.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment