Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gotta love insomnia




It's 2:30 am and I still am not asleep. In a few hours, Dana and I leave for the mountains for a week....I already wish it was longer!

Plans are, on Sunday, to run the New Mexico Marathon, a point to point race (my fave type of route) that has 400 feet of climb in the first few miles, then drops around 1200 feet in seven miles before a 7 mile flat finish. Sounds good....let's just see how my legs like it.

Then Monday, we'll be in Colorado Springs to do the American Discovery Trail marathon. This is also point to point, and is downhill all the way dropping 1200 feet total. This race is on chat, so the good news is it is a softer surface. The bad news, is lotsa rocks in my shoes. A casual hunt for some gaiters will be in order.I intend to try to run the second race fast, although that may seem a ridiculous idea after running the day before.

We actually are going to Colorado Springs first, to play on the trails there and to meet my blogging friends Steve and Kathleen, who have one of the best running blogs on the planet. Check out their blog. They run on different trails every weekend, and never have to visit the same trails twice. They take a TON of pictures, and are pretty handy behind the shutter. Makes me wanna just MOVE there. (I think this is where heaven is.) Steve and Kathleen are showing us around town, running with us at possibly the Garden of the Gods, and then we're gonna have some dinner and talk about ...oh I dunno....probably a bunch running stuff??

From there, we'll meander south maybe to Santa Fe, maybe to Taos, and then to Albuquerque to meet a few RunnersWorld and Tatur friends to do the first leg of the double.

If you see me next week, and I am grumpy, it is because A. My legs are beat to a pulp. B. Withdrawal symptoms form leaving the mountains, C. Overwhelmed with work that will no doubt have backed up on me. Or, D. All of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment