Friday, June 12, 2009

weather pics



Interesting weather. I drove to Pryor this morning, and the last time I was there, I was treated to weather much like what I had today. This impressive wall cloud was right where I was heading.

I drove right into the gut of the worst rain I have ever experienced.Along Highway 20 heading west, I slowed from 65ish to around 30 mph, and with wipers on full speed, I could not see the cars that were only 40-50 yards in front of me. I slowed a little more, and yet still felt totally out of control due to the rain. I glanced down at my speed, thinking I was still going around 30, and I was going 6 mph!The rain was coming sideways and I felt as if I were flying down the road.

By the time I made it back to Tulsa, blue sky was chasing the devilish rain away....but not before the storm dumped the ingredients for some fine mud all over my trails!!

52nd and Riverside, this tree was snapped and fell on a house. Dana had called me and was concerned since I was right in the heart of the storm, and told me she had heard of a huge tree falling on this house. Paparazzi snapped a pic, and got a glare from some people in the street. Oh well....

And finally, a pic from last night's run at the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment