Tuesday, June 2, 2009

5.3 miles Monday




Took my running buddies to Turkey Mountain for some miles on the trails. Rocky and Jake were stoked about getting out, and drug me UP Lipbuster at a record pace. Best hillwork I have done in quite a while.They both took several swims, which might have helped with the "smelly dog" syndrome but they traded that handicap for some stinky water odor. Not sure which is worse.

Rocky is all smiles. He loves to run, but likes lounging in the water more and more as he has gotten older.

A nice reflection across some scummy water. I declined joining my boys for a dip.

Shake it off, Rocko!

We did some serious bushwhacking at one point. That's what I get for letting my dogs pick their trail.

Ended up at a creek I had never been to. Added eleven (11) ticks to my count for the year. Three of them managed to set their teeth in me, and one took some blood with him when I pulled his embedded ass out of the back of my knee.

A pic of the sign showing the plans for the lower parking lot/rock climbing wall/restroom/amphitheater/handicap trail. Still not entirely sure progress is the best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment