Saturday, May 30, 2009

UP




Dana and I went to see UP Saturday night. Click here for movie trailer. Seems we are pretty much caught on movie watching, although we have yet to see The Soloist which has been highly recommended. This seemed like it might be a kids movie, but I don't think I saw a rug rat in the house. This was an artsy sort of a film, and the surrealism and escapism appealed to the wandering side of me. How many times I have wanted to ride a wad of balloons to a land far far away. Ed Asner played the grumpy yet sentimental Carl Fredericksen, and I identified with him,AND NO, not because he was an little old gray haired man!!! (Ok maybe a little) All in all, I recommend this movie. Seeing it in 3D is quite the bonus as well. Also, we were treated to a short animated cartoon of sorts before the show which was creative and touching as well. (Quit smirking! I have a sensitive side too!) And no, Bobby, this was not a remake of that film you were telling me about from the 70s.

Well, I'm off to bed....get to play on the trails on Turkey at 8 am, and then at Chandler Park after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment