Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hope Rains




Saturday, instead of doing something foolish like run another marathon and further injuring my plantar faciitis, I ran a 5k trail run, the Hope Rains 5K.around 120 or so people braved the rain, and mud to romp 3.1 miles on Holland Hall's cross country course.There were enough climbs and enough mud to make it a fun run....no sense for me to try to go fast. No chance of a PR, a trail PR, or anything else notable. But it was a good day to just have fun.The first of two bridges on the course.No land speed records today. It seemed like I had ran a couple of miles when I came to the first K split.A nice batch of hills for such a short course. At least 3 significant inclines!A less than sharp picture of an awesome bridge.

Catching up with Lisa, my partner in crime from last week.

No age group awards for T Z, but I did enjoy some grilled chicken and sushi-grade tuna as a post race meal. Can't top that!

Check out the RW blog for a more detailed race report!!

No comments:

Post a Comment