Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saturday's run




Saturday's run started early. It was my intention to run an easy 5 with my road running friends. But my friend Ken aka K2 wanted to go a little longer as a kick-off of sorts to his training for his 1st 100 mile completion. Ken and I are running the Heartland Spirit of the Prairie in Kansas this October. This will be Ken's 1st 100 mile finish, having DNF'd in Mother Road 100 this past year.Bobby joined us, and will most likely serve as our crew babe since Dana is slated to run her first 50 miler at Heartland.

Carefully we ran through a bald eag....err...bald runner habitat.

After 5 easy miles, we met our group just before they embarked on their run. Lisa jumped in and ran with us. Amanda shoulda joined us....I know she wanted to.

We headed back across the Arkansas River to run a short loop on Turkey Mountain.We finally caught up with the fast group, who were gracious enough to wait up for us slow pokes.They were complaining about how muddy the trails were, and how they had got their clean shoes muddy!Now come on! That's not muddy....this is muddy!
But we headed back, skipping any further mud. Another time perhaps.

A nice view of the clouds breaking.




Finally, I had to post this. For the record, I have relocated several of these cats from my garage. They can eat 10 times their weight in cat food in a matter of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment