Monday, February 16, 2009

Sights seen on a zombie run, and 4 dreams




I ran some pavement this evening....the 4.4 mile loop around Zink Lake. It's a familiar loop, one I run often with friends. I met my group at 5:30, and ran with them for a while, and ran a while by myself.This loop features some of Tulsa's most elegant homes........and some of Tulsa's most elegant geese.

Just for my friend Ed, I got a picture of the sculler babes in action.
Usually, there is a great sunset to be viewed from the river trails. The one tonight was good....might give it a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.
Last pic of the run, from the pedestrian bridge.

Now a question for all of you, and I would love to hear comments on here or in person. I have had some recurring dreams. One is of a trail that is somewhere near Tulsa and goes over a mountain or a pretty big hill. The area is heavily wooded, with good distant views in a few places. Lots or trees, a few rocks, and pretty steep in places. It is sort of a trail, and sort of a jeep road. It seems in the dream, that I have been up one side, but never have time to go all the way over. It is near the top of the climb that there are a couple of intersecting trails, but I never have time to explore them. And then, I remember that I have actually been on the trail from the other side, or at least on a trail that I think intersects with it. Then in the dream, time passes, and some time later, I remember that trail and think I need to go back to explore it. It seems like it could be a trail paradise, and while making plans to go, I wake up. This seems so real....I can see the rocks, hear the wind as is blows through the pine trees, feel the burn in my legs, and I suppose it is just a figment of a dream. I would love to find this trail.

A related dream, there is a place in northern Arkansas or southern Missouri where there is a small town with a town square and lots of antique stores and and art galleries, and bed and breakfasts. It is sort of like Eureka Springs, but on a smaller scale. It seems like no one knows about it, but it is a gem of a village. There are no major highways to it, and every time I go there, it seems I stumble upon it by accident. I HAVE to go back to this town.

Usually when I have the dream about this town, I have a dream that I am driving home and crossing a lake with a long bridge. The water gets higher and higher, and the road eventually disappears into the water. I end up having to back up for miles to get out of trouble all the while the water is rising. (No, this dream does not coincide with me peeing the bed!)

And then there is the dream where I go to work, or school, or to church, and DARN!! I forgot to put my clothes on! I have this dream so often that is is actually fun. I always wake up amused, but boy is it ever embarrassing!

Seriously, the first three dreams puzzle me greatly. This same trail, this same small town, and the dream with the water I have quite often. I can feel there is a trail and a town that I visit in my sleep. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment