Saturday, February 28, 2009

22 mile taper




This morning I ran 22 miles on the wrong side of the tracks. Nothing really wrong about this path, I just always wanted to use that expression. West from Downtown Tulsa towards the community of Sand Springs on the old Katy Trail, which is actually a paved bike path. Pavement, you ask?? Well, I get to run a trail race tomorrow so that will negate the asphalt mileage today. And speaking of mileage....since I ran 22 miles, can I say I ran a marathon? Seemed to work for....well, er, I'll leave the previous post alone. Bad Zombie! Be nice!I ran with the RunnersWorld group, and particularly with Lisa (in the green skirt) who was using today's run as a "last chance" long run before the Little Rock Marathon in 2 weeks.I seldom run this route, but there are a few good views of the Arkansas River, and miles and miles of people's back yards!There are also a couple of interesting houses along the way. One was this....not sure what the history of this house is, but I think Bilbo Baggins once lived here.Caption 1.Sad story of a bag lady who lost everything. Caption 2. Home Depot will never find this one. Caption 3. Leroy, can you wheel that carp down to the creek? Might need it to stay alive til tomorrow since as how there's some leftover possum in the Frigidaire.

Lisa stops for a drink. Actually, we hit Quik Trip twice, and the second time through, we were sweaty and worn down enough, and bought a bag of Fritos to share, that we most certainly were mistaken for homeless people.

Eleven miles out, and eleven more to go.

Not sure why I wanted a photo of this sign, but here it is.

A scary tree seen on the way back. Of course, during the daylight, it was not too creepy, but with a little photo-shopping, I think it is Halloween caliber.

Thanks for the great run, Lisa! You'll do great in Little Rock!

Check back for a long report of the AOK 50K which is where I'll be tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment