Sunday, October 26, 2008

weekend in October




This weekend was the 31st running of the Tulsa Run, a 15K which is the largest race in Oklahoma. I have ran it in 2002 (5K), and the 15K every year since with the exception of 2006 in when I ran the Mother Road 100 on the same day. I am not a huge fan of road races although I do my share of road marathons, but this race is so much fun. I have a ton of friends there, and the course lends itself to running fast with some rolling hills, and also a lot of flat stretches where you can really pick up the pace. A lot of the course is out-and-back so you get to see who all is ahead of you and behind you. Us runners always seem to be good about saying how good everyone looks or in my case, lying about how good I look. (But this year, I was looking FINE!) I was part of a team that ran as a boxing match. My good friends Kathy and Debra were the boxers, My Heartland pacer Roman was the referee, and I was the ring girl.Sorry if you were eating while reading this! If you got throw-up all over your keyboard, just send me a bill!

We were not the only ones in costume.Don't know this girl, but her boyfriend is a fruit.

I am so lucky to run with so many princesses. These babes are in my Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday running group at RunnersWorld....as are these fine looking ladies.


Someone must have thought this was nice enough to snap a pic!

I did manage to get 4 miles in on trails both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Saturday night, went to see Appaloosa, a western with Viggo Mortenson, Ed Harris, Renee Zellweger, and Jeremy Irons. T Z gives it 5 stars. Good enough to make up for a 5 dollar drink and a 6 dollar bag of popcorn.

More grim details of the happenings over the weekend on tomorrows post.

No comments:

Post a Comment