Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Recovery




All is well after last weekend. No aches or pains, the minor blisters are well, and I have a good spring in my step. I ran yesterday...took it easy with a little walking mixed in. Tonight, I went to Turkey and ran 4 miles of trails. It seems like it's been forever since I have ran there, and in fact it has possibly been over a month.I ran an easy jog for the first mile, and then picked it up just a little.Call it familiarity, call it home turf, but these rocky trails are way easier than some of the gravel roads in the Flint Hills of Kansas.Part of the charm of Turkey Mountain is that it is a dense wilderness tucked into the corner of metropolitan Tulsa.The leaves are starting to change.My favorite time of year on my favorite trail!A quick snapshot of downtown Tulsa.It was getting dark, and I had 2 more miles to go. I had to pick up the pace.I ended up running the powerline trail back since I was rapidly running out of light. It has three fairly steep uphills and I ran them hard, never slowing down. For whatever reason, today it was easy.I had quite the buzz afterwards. Twas a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment