Sunday, August 10, 2008

Let the games begin!


I am launching a full blown attack on the wasps on the snake trail this week. The possibility of our runners being stung during the Turkey and Taturs race is not something I will tolerate. To ready myself for this endeavor, I have been conditioning myself to not panic while being pursued by these wasps by experimenting with honey bees. I do actually have on underwear in this picture!


My grandfather was very allergic to bee and wasp stings, often having bad swelling problems and pain and itching that lasted for days. Some people when stung on the neck or face have trouble breathing. Other people stung only have the aggravation of having it hurt like hell, but no other bad affects. This is no one I know....just a picture borrowed from the web.


This is an actual picture. It was taken right here on Turkey Mountain. (Actually, that's not entirely true....it was posted on this blog while I sit at my computer.... right here on Turkey Mountain. Not really relevant, just shamelessly posted for shock value.)

But those winged menaces had better beware! I am coming after them!And I will be armed! Check out my new electronic bee whacker!And if this fails, I have plan "B" all lined up.

And yes, I did some running this past week. I have been hitting the trails pretty hard and racking up some decent miles. Tonight, I ran with Jason and Jessie, my son and daughter-in-law, both of whom have ran a little, but are fairly new to trail-running. We got 4.3 miles in tonight and got rained on just a little right at the end of our run.

No comments:

Post a Comment