Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Saturday June 26th 6:30 PM at Turkey Mountain




It's only 3 more sleeps until the Barkley Book Fair. I have collected 15-20 books for your searching and reading pleasure. This year, people will get to see both sides of my SPL IT personality. The day run is a neatly groomed trail, one that you have fond dreams of....strolling along on a spring day with the birds singing, a babbling brook at your side, bright wispy coulds drifting by.You might stop to talk to a bunny, or eat your fill from the ample fruit trees along the way. Heaven, no doubt, has trails like these.

But the night run, is a darker more sinsiter side from the depths of my twisted and usually concealed mind. It is one that lures you in, and seems to be more exciting and adventurous, but quickly ensnares you and swallows you alive. Many have finished the night run yet were unable to recall the horror. It is not uncommon for their minds to develope a defense mechanism that blocks memories of the more evil sections of the trails so as not not to keep them awake at night for fear of ever finding themselves in such a predicament again.One person had such mental damage last year that she made a comment as to how easy the night course was! LIES! You must lie to yourself to yourself to help deal with the anguish of the journey. I am not satisfied with my construction of the night course until I know that it will drain you from all the sweat you have in your laboring bodies--leaving just enough for a few tears. Somewhere in the night, you will hear a voice crying--calling out: "Help me! I want my Mommy!!!" And that voice will be your own!

Ok, I'm the nice guy again now. I am almost through working out the logistics of the night course. I have spent house clipping out some of the torturous saw briars that draw more blood than OBI and the Red Cross combined.I have put up hand rails and almost have it all handicap accesible. (not really!) The day run will be a blast--it always is. The night run will be fun too, but hard. The night run will be sparcely marked, so stay in groups and make sure someone has a cell phone. Come out at 6:30-11:00 and join in on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment