Sunday, June 13, 2010

HUGE SCARE!!!!!! And what's been going on lately.


I am actually a very LOW-TECH sort of guy. Blogger is now offering a lot of new backgrounds and templates. I browsed them, and clicked and saved one, and later decided I did not like it. So, I tried to revert to the old layout (this one) and ended up LOSING lots and lots of stuff, like the entire list of friend's blogs to the right, my list of PRs, my race calender, and MY TICK COUNTER!! I blundered around and just could not seem to get it to work. Emailing tech support may in fact bring some answers in a few days--maybe. But fortunately, a blind squirrel found an acorn and I stumbled onto whatever I needed to do to restore it. I hope everything is ok. WHEW!!

After coming home from KM100 (K, not M) I did not sit back and lick my wounds. I ran 5 miles Monday, 5 Tuesday, 5.8 and 6.2 on Wednesday and Thursday respectively. Nothing fast, although Thursday's amble was back up to my usual "not bad for an old fat guy" pace. Friday, I ran an all-nighter with a bunch of Midnight Madness 50-miler hopefuls.I think a couple of others came up later just after we took off, and of course the photographer (yours truly) was also not in this pic. But we had 24-26 runners heading from QT in Jenks to NSU east of Broken Arrow and back, on a night that starter out near 90 degrees, and stayed in the 80s all night. There was stifling humidity to go with the warmth, but fortunately a pretty steady breeze that kept me alive all night.
Kathy made the pre-run announcements, while Roman "signed" for the hearing impaired.

We were in good hands this night, as CREW BABE DANA was running the aid station show. She leap frogged us all night long, and kept us watered, salted, and fed.Dana had help too. Marilyn Sargent, Tatur Dave's wife, joined the ranks of the Crew Chicklettes, and tag teamed the fast runners. She stayed out all night long, and even hung out with us at IHOP at the re-feed-frenzy. Kristin also got a Crew Chicklette training session under her belt. Sandra came by, and was the water girl, making a couple of trips to get more water and Gatorade. She should have been home sleeping, as the next morning, she left for southern Oklahoma to ride ACROSS THE STATE at Free Wheel. At this writing, she has rode from Hugo, OK to the Texas state line and back, and then northward to Clayton, OK, and then to Heavener and slept in tents only to wake up at 5:30 am and start her daily 65-70 mile ride. She'll end up in Kansas. She's an endurance babe. Cassy, to the far right, is pacing her brother Glen in his first try and finish of the 50 mile distance. I had the pleasure of running a few miles with her. She probably is not as nice to her little brother, but I enjoyed her company.

Kathy shows that she was drinking her electrolytes. CJ, however, got a little behind on his sodium intake and cramps set in. Midnight Madness will be his first 50 mile try. Lotsa water, electrolytes, and calories along with peeing, and he'll have a chance.


IHOP was glad to see us at 4:30 am. I needed BACON. Pancakes were a plus. Kathy took the pic, and from front left clockwise, Roman, Me, Dana, Susan, Bobby, Marilyn, Tatur Dave, Lyle, and Glen await breakfast. The guy way in the back in the white t-shirt was not with us. I think he was sleeping one off.

Great, happy, fun times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment