Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Nothing about running




I had a sales call in Bartlesville today, and either I was earlier than I was supposed to be, or my peeps were late. I called as I entered town, and although I was only a little late by my watch, I was 45 minutes early by theirs. I had my camera, and ventured downtown hoping to find a quaint coffee shop for yet another dose on caffeine.But, it seems Bartlesville shuts the town down and rolls up the sidewalks at 5:00. So, I grabbed my camera and walked about snapping a few pics. The above is a new building that was made to resemble some of the older architecture in the area. Being in the business of selling windows, I would have liked to have had a piece of that action.I hope to come back to eat here. I am guessing it is a hot ticket and difficult to get in at lunch time as there are only about 8 seats inside. I have a spare closet in my house, and I wonder if I could open a restaurant in it?

There's a lot to like in this picture. First off....good cigars for 10 cents? Those were the days! I love the fire escape bolted to the wall over the sign. While I like the message of the newer billboard, I hate the placement of it. Put the dang sign elsewhere! Covering up a classic ad from the past is a sin!

New construction that compliments the old.

Did I mention I was hungry? Must be a good place for lunch, cuz it was closed for dinner.

Bricks and blue sky.

TZ does not follow directions.

Copper and glass.

Amazing how the copper just gets better as it tarnishes.

I'm not washing those!

A Frank Lloyd Wright creation.Another Frank Lloyd Wright classic.

No problem staying on my diet in this town!!

Ok....sure thing. I'll come right in and read. Looks more like "lock-up" to me.

Care for a little stair workout?

Now that doesn't sound real Christian-like.

Sounds like a good joke....three lawyers named Kane walked into a bar....

A cool old general store. Click on the pic to enlarge to see what all this business did back in the day.

Of course I had to open the lid, and was gonna take a pic, but the smell was so bad, I gagged. Nothing too pic-worthy in there. Would love to say this was behind the local McDonalds, but it was not.

Lisa, this is for you!

Burned an hour downtown, never found a coffee shop, made my appointment, and headed home. Bartlesville, you are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment