Saturday, July 25, 2009

Here's a little story bout a redneck race




The Reckless Redneck, a fast mega-downhill run all on pavement including 278 feet of descent came and went like a FLASH!!!!! It's not often that I do a race where I finish within 3 minutes of the winners. People who normally SMOKE me were still catching their breath when I labored across the finish line in 6:38 by my watch and 6:45 by the timing crew.

This race was as much of a costume party and a who's who of tackiness in the TATUR community. Prizes were given for best costume for male and female, and a lot of very worthy contestants got nothing more than some gawks. I am thinking there might have been a few who looked the part although had no intention of participating in the dress-up silliness.

I ran hard, and took very few pictures, but OH MY GOD, there are a lot of em-bare-assing pictures floating around on the internet, and thanks to well meaning friends on Facebook (Terrie, Susan, and Roman), and a little cut-and-paste, I'll pepper this post with some funny pics and some stuff one should never have to look at!Like this-un. I no more got there and was signin myself up that the pictures started a-snappin!Meanwhile, these city-folk were hidin their eyes!

After messin around for a little while, we all piled into the TATUR Taxi and headed up the hill.
Taken before the race at the top of Turkey Mountain.Not sure who everyone is, but far left is Jason S from channel 2, The cute underage preggo next to me is Kathy, and no, it's not mine. The next two babes to the right looked familiar, but I could just not get past the teeth. Another preggo to the far right is Meg who doesn't like to be called Ruth.

Rumor has it that this is Kathy's baby-daddy. Rock Star Ed looks on in amazement at the the love handles on this dude.

Awe....true love.

It was indeed a fast race, and Elwood was so steep in a couple of places that I had to reel back a little to keep from getting my body ahead of my feet. Falling would not be a good thing on pavement.Here we come--flying down the hill!

As if enough flesh was not showing already!

Notice the good running form. No heel striking here, up on the toes, leaning forward, taaking full advantage of gravity. That gut was actually doing me some good here.

Dang, I wanted to pass this kid, but he would not let up!

TZ knows how to pick him a redneck babe, but man it was hard picken one out with so many cousins there!Now guys, come on! How can you pick just one of these fine lookin ladies and leave the other-uns out? These 3 girls were in the runnin for the prize for best costume. Heck, I wish they'da all got a prize.Babeliscious Karrie won for best costume. I gotta blow the whistle though....this is her every day goin-to-meetin clothes. She did add a couple of lick-and-stick tattoos in and around all her other tattoos to put her over the top.

My friend Jason won best costume for the men. I would not have voted for him for best costume, but would have voted him for "best hair."

The shore nuff prizes for fastest dude and gal went to these folks. McKale Davis was the purdy lil girl there, and she won herself a whole water jug fulla money, over $400 I reckon. The tall dude on the left, Abraham Ekal, won the mens prize, and I hope I spelt his name right. He got himself roun $400 too, but the gal got a few extra bucks mostly for being purdy I think. That's Dr. Z who along with his brother rounded up a whole buncha dollars from under the couch and in their sock drawers for the prize money and I think that's just awesome and I bet Brian and all the other TATURs think about as highly bout that as I do. That's just good old redneck hospitality!

And aw heck, I just gotta put up another pic of my cousin Kathy before she pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment