Saturday, April 11, 2009

triple espresso at 11:00 PM is a bad bad thing!




What does a zombie do at 1:00 am when he should be sleeping so he can get up to run at 6:00 Saturday morning?.........read stuff and blog. My wireless mouse had been on the fry, and now I have a new one and can move pics around with ease, so here's a short post!

Wednesday night, I ran 10K with friends at Turkey Mountain. Some of the usual crowd, Vicky, Krazy Kurt aka Tulsa Trihead, his much better half Shelley, my great friends Bobby and Roman, and a couple of new people to me; Sean and Adam. We ran easy, the fast guys waiting at times for slow pokes like myself, which was nice. They even let me catch my breath before taking off, and slowed their pace from the usual sub 9m/m pace to a nice 12-ish m/m pace.

We ran the snake, as in the same trail used on the 6 Hour Snake Run, but we lopped the head off and abbreviated the tail....did that make sense?

Later, in honor of Easter, we ran the Bunny Trail. It was Kurt's wishes to go to the Oklahoma Rock. I thought it woulld be good to take a group pic there. Of course, I took the usual grief for A. Running with hiking shorts. B. Running with hiking shorts with lots of pockets. C. Running with hiking shorts with lots of pockets full of lots of stuff. D. having car keys, cell phones, money, camera, camera stands, martini glasses, and a wine key all in my hiking shorts with lots of pockets. (But hey! I NEEDED EVERYTHING in my pockets except for the martini glasses.)

And so it was, we reached the Oklahoma Rock. If you have to ask just where the Oklahoma Rock is on Turkey Mountain, the answer is: Keep Looking.Pictured from right to left: Adam (squatting), Sean, Shelley, Kurt, T Z (squatting), Vicky, Bobby, Roman, and WHOA! We picked up a runner!! Come to find out, this was Ros from Australia via Chicago! She had been in town for a mere 3 hours and already was running on Turkey Mountain, semi-lost, and joining in with a pack of TATURs! Amazing! She found Turkey Mountain through the TATUR website, and was trying to follow the yellow trail, but saw us and figured we might know where we were going.Enjoyed running with you, Ros! Come back next time you're down this way!

And so after traipsing all over the east and west side or our wilderness paradise, we headed back to our cars and went back to our boring lives. Can't wait to go back outside to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment