Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sometimes you just gotta go for a run


It was cold, the wind had howled all day. Lousy day for a run, but I needed one! No friends, no dog, no plans, really. It was just me and my camera on the mountain. It looked like it might be an evening with a chance for a good sunset, and I immediately began jockeying around to try to find the best vantage point for a good sunset shot. I suppose I might have planned this out better because just as the orange ball began to slip over the horizon, I was deep in the woods.
This was the best of the batch.

I have been trying to fine tune my photo shooting skills....this on an 9 megapixel camera. I paid a little more for it, but the extra price was more for the "durability" of it I think. All in all, I am satisfied with it, but night pix have been less than stellar. I think I may have figured out how to take better panarama shots though.
Like Catra, I have a favorite tree or two where I run.Unlike Catra, I do not feel the need to kiss the tree though. But I do like it that she does! :-)

After the sun had gone down, I lucked out and got another shot of the fire in the sky.

I then made my way through a lot of blow-downs and found the old wood rickety bridges featured in the 1st Barkley Book Fair almost three years ago. Sad to say, these bridges have all but completely rotted away and are not at all safe. Getting to them is almost impossible because of all the fallen trees. I did cross over the ravine, and part of the walkway gave way and I nearly fell 50 feet to a jagged landing. But have no fear....I'll come up with something just as scary for the night edition of the 2009 Barkley Book Fair!

A quick pic of downtown Tulsa, and I headed back two miles south with a strong north wind at my back. I opted against the cold beer, and instead brewed some hot tea. But don't mistake that for "sophistication"!

No comments:

Post a Comment