Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday

'Tis a Monday. A short day that seems long, complete with sunshine, a great sunset....one more winter day out of the way. Gloom and doom, aren't I?


Listening to XM on the way home I heard the tragic news that Dan Fogelberg lost a lengthy battle with prostate cancer, dieing at the young age of 56. I have been a Fogelberg follower since 1975 and at one time or another have owned most of his recordings. If I were able to play a guitar, and sing (big IF), I would wanna be like Dan. His lyrics always seemed to portray what was going on in my life at the time. XM50 played an hour long tribute to him, and finished with Same Old Lang Syne (yes, I checked the spelling), a song that tears at me every time I hear it. I have been lucky enough to see Fogelburg in concert twice, and would have gone again in a heartbeat, given another chance.

On another note, I ran at Turkey Mountain yesterday. Someone has started up the Ho-chi with a chain saw clearing fallen trees (and there are many) so almost all of that trail is clear. The upper yellow trail has maybe 20-30 downed trees. Imagine running, and every 100 steps having to crawl over, under, through, or around a huge wounded and dieing tree. Sad. I plan to put in at least a little time clearing some of the trails as my increasingly hectic work schedule allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment