Sunday, December 23, 2007

baby sitting, Christmas, and bike riding

I'll catch up on the last three days all in one post. Here goes....
Last Friday, my youngest son and his wife brought my 1st grand baby by for us to baby sit. She is so sweet, and a dream. In fact, about all she did was dream the whole time she was here. Other than scarfing down a bottle of baby formula, she napped in my arms for about 4 hours!!! 

The next night, (Saturday) we had all three of our boys and their wives over for Christmas dinner and presents. Best of all was just having us all together. Kenny and Lynnsey are expecting our second grand baby in August. Being a grandpa is really not all that bad, but I can't lie about my age as easily now!

Today, we did the church thing (a great concert of Christmas songs, some brand new, some traditional....Charlie rated it a 10, and I have never heard him rate anything higher that a 9.35!) ate lunch, came home and went to sleep during a good movie (We Are Marshall), and decided to ride bikes to burn some of my pie-flab. The east bank of the Arkansas has some of Tulsa's best scenery,and a few lesser views as well.12 chilly miles down the Arkansas River path and back was enough of a workout to make me want another nap. Is there a trend here??

No comments:

Post a Comment