Friday, July 23, 2010

Someone painted crap on my mountain!




Long ago, the parking lot for Turkey Mountain trails was at the top of the hill, right at the curve where Elwood turns onto into 61st street. The city closed the parking lot partly because is is a blind corner and a little dangerous to turn out into the road.But many think it was because the parking lot and adjacent woods was a romantic hang out for those seeking a rendezvous with nontraditional partners. A new larger parking area was built down the hill below, and just last year was enlarged. Subsequently, the ones with umm....love on their minds??....started frequenting the lower parking lot--but that is not what this post is about. Let's go back up the hill. The city barricaded the upper parking lot with concrete barriers, but the corner has a wide paved area and a lot of mountain bikers, hikers, trail runners, picnickers, kids wanting to just hang out and drink beer, and I am sure a few lovebirds wanting to cuddle while watching sunsets or the lights of downtown or the lights of their dashboard--parked on this wide paved area right at the corner. Musta ruffled the wrong feathers of someone though, because NO PARKING signs were erected, and then nice large boulders were placed all along the outlaw parking lot making it very hard for me to squeeze my little Prius in between them when I parked up there due to at times my being too lazy to climb Lipbuster before running the easy trails like the Snake. I even smunched up the side of my car door last year on a no parking sign while pulling in and around and trying to not hit one of the rocks. Make no mistake about it--I am not a fan of these rocks. But now to add insult to injurious aggravation, some PUNKS have spray-painted all kinds of crap all over the rocks. Now maybe these young hippies think they are the neo-vikings and are leaving Rune-stone inscriptions. I think they are just a bunch of gang symbols.They're infringing on my playground, and I don't like it much. Heck, I sent a nasty email once to the Tulsa Walking Club for spray painting arrows on the dirt out on the trails so some of their older folks could hike around without feeling like they were lost. (I can be such a jerk sometimes.)What does this mean? Are these the letters you remember from when you woke up hungover and your 1/3 baby brother had on Sesame Street blaring on the TV set? Are these the initials of the last 5 girlfriends you knocked around? Hey, if I find out who wrote this crap on my mountain, ya better look out. I'm gonna....hmmm....well, I'll do something. And itsa gonna be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment