Saturday, February 13, 2010

Random pix




Finally, our nasty weather took a southern turn and deposited our allottment of snow on those low-lifes in Texas. We have had snow hanging around and sub-freezing temps that I was actually getting used to it. With tomorrow's forecast in the mid 50s, I'm concerned with heat exhaustion!
I did manage to get my midweek runs in this past week. I have missed a lot of group runs with my friends the past few weeks, and on weeks that I don't get my run on, I suffer greatly, and worse yet, those around me suffer as well! Monday night, I got a shortish 3.5 miles in, and then Wednesday, I roamed the pot-hole lined streets of Red Fork (West Tulsa, if any Coloradians were wondering.)Thursday, I ran with friends, Jason and Lisa. We nearly solved all the problems in the world....at least we talked about them! If you felt your ears burning....well, we talked about you too.

Truly, I sometimes wish I had enjoyed running all my life. It was a drudgery when I was a kid. My gym teacher in elementary school gave me a hard time for running like a duck. I was always one of the slowest kids....still am, for that matter. But had I found a way to love running, I might be in the Olympics now, or winning marathons, or at least taking the bronze in my age group in a rural 5K somewhere.One thing I'd like to pass on to my grand-kids, is that running is fun....it's not a punishment. Enjoy it--we were meant to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment