Monday, February 11, 2008

I am back!

It's been a while since I've posted. Last week, I took a week off and got away for a little R and R. Dana and I met My Mom and Dad, and my brother and his wife in Galveston and boarded the Carnival Ecstacy for a cruise to Progessa and Cozumel. Galveston was socked in with fog and our ship was 6 hours late arriving, and we were 5-6 hours late in boarding. The evening brought in a thick layer of pea soup, so we sat at port until the crack of 7:00 am. This meant that our first port-of-call was cancelled and Cozumel was to be our only stop. For 2 1/2 days, we plodded across the gulf over medium sized swells. I decided to go without motion-sickness pills, and did ok.

After a very long ride, we finally reached our stop and got to go ashore.Zombie acting goofy.


Dana at Senor Frogs. (She's the one wearing blue.)


Follow that donkey!!


On the ship, consuming food is the most common activity. I still have cramps in my biceps from lifting cones and holding them under the soft serve ice cream machine. That, plus the occasional lobster, filet, and yes!!....escargot!!!I can't believe I ate the whole thing!!!


Shouldn't have had that last margarita!


And of course, I had to run a little. If not, I might have gained 20 lbs instead of 10! There was a rubberized track on the top deck. At times it was so windy that the headwindws made it seem like hill training. The tail winds led to some sprint in the 4:00 minute mile range. I ran a total of 13 miles on the cruise, 10 on the track (that was 110 loops!!), and 3 on the treadmill which with the rough seas was a nauseating experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment