Tuesday, January 1, 2008

How bout a quick swim??

Notice the swimmer in the far right. Please ignore the sexy bod in the pink flowery swimsuit!! More pics from this years swim later!!
The above picture was from last years Polar Bear Plunge. This year, it was colder, with MUCH colder water!! Also, this year the water was deeper, and the crazy promoters of the event included a 300 yard scramble along with the submergence as requirements. BRRR!! 


Twenty or so brave peeps shivered awaiting their fate....a quick dip in the Arkansas River. 
Fortunately the sun was shining. 













Unfortunately, the north wind was howling at about 30 mph! I am sure I set a personal record for the fastest water run as my whole body felt like I was being stabbed by needles, and when I climbed up onto the dock and trudged up the ramp, I could not even feel my feet. What FUN!!!!







My buddy Brian, who won the award for whiniest polar bear, was one of the first out of the water.

Double Shot provided good strong hot coffee, along with hot chocolate after the race. Someone brought chili and real authentic tamales, that were hot as well. Amazing!Awards were given for oldest, youngest, and fastest polar bears, along with best costume. I won the only award I had a shot at....and it wasn't for oldest!

No comments:

Post a Comment