Sunday, March 14, 2010

bad dreams of crowds of people




Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday....I have been in another dimension. One where I transform myself into a talking cyborg, one with a smiling face and a quick charming wit. Bounced around from person to person like a shiny steel pinball in a 1980s arcade machine.I'm referring to this years Home and Garden Show, an event with which I am involved every March. This years show was seemingly profitable--time will tell.
Hour after hour, the one who prefers the loneliness of the wilderness and dirt trails, stood on concrete for 11-12 hours a day, talking shop, culturing potential business leads, and manning up to the working world. (Yes, I do actually work from time to time!)
Sometimes, I truly felt like a nondescript face in a crowd. And now, loaded with a fistful of horizons, I prepare for a few weeks of chasing possibilities, and earning a some green. (Gotta finance my running addiction somehow!)

My running has been almost non-existent for the past week or so, and will not improve much for a few weeks. I do feel bad that I have not been the faithful blogger, and have not treated myself to a few short spirited runs to blow the cobwebs out. Whilst still thinking about running 2 or 3 or maybe 4 hundred milers, I will probably need to play some major catch-up with my training.

Check back here tomorrow for a preview of the SIX HOUR SNAKE RUN 2010 Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment