Thursday, December 23, 2010

thinking....




It is a sickness--a mental disorder.
The "need" to do bigger and better things--WHY?
I have a strong desire to do The Rouge/Orleans 126.2.
How cool would it be to have a race shirt that said 126.2 ???

This course runs from Baton Rouge to New Orleans on Mardi Gras weekend. It runs along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River--never even has a road crossing, or so they say, except for the last little bit in New Orleans.Much of the road is dirt and gravel roads, and looking at the short video, some of it is nice soft dirt trails.A major concern is the elevation profile. It seems really flat, which some people will love. But I actually like having a few rolling hills to mix things up.From reading about it, it seems to be a very crew-friendly race. At $140.00 for registering before January 1st, it is a relativly cheap race. Doing this race would scratch Little Rock marathon, which I have never done, and AOK 50K, which I would like to do again. The Post Oak double is the week before. I'd have to think seriously about whether it would smart to run it too. Hmmm.... Somebody talk some sense into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment