Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Scary things in the night




Our band of night runners met faithfully in the hills north of Tulsa. Running in the darkness frees yourself from the stresses of the day, and feeds the inner self like no other outdoor activity can.But things look different in the night, miles from the hubbub of the city, away from the prim and proper paved lit running track neatly groomed for those hooked on the ordinary. Shadows lurk closely, taking chances where no streetlights can expose them.Lights in the distance may be a friend or foe. On our trail, you know they are coming for you. (To run with us, of course!)Actually, I am playing with the settings on my new camera. Arena may peel my head for posting this, but my pix with my new Canon SD 960 show some promise, and my photo-shopping tools are fun to play with too.
See, the dark scary guy in the shadows above was no other than Mitch!And it's Arena, dressed warmly, Garmin charged, and ready to run.
We ran 3 miles at the Botanical gardens, and would have gone 6 if I did not have a dinner engagement. This run includes HILLS, and is all very runnable gravel roads with an awesome view of downtown Tulsa. (click on the photo below to enlarge it)
Our secret group does not have to be a secret--we'd love you to come run with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment