Sunday, December 26, 2010

A good Christmas




Christmas has come and is technically past. Our tree will hang around for a week or so. Our Christmas lights will hang around (some of them--particularly the ones that are harder to take down) perhaps a bit longer. (Truth be known, the icicle lights have been up for 3 years!!)It was a good Christmas in the zombie household this year.
Dana worked a tough shift this week, but had an amazing Christmas dinner laid out today. Turducken was the main entree, along with all the fixins. Pecan pie was my favorite. The toffee bars were courtesy of our friendsSteve and Kathleen who also sent us a treat of Colorado roasted coffee and a couple of other goodies. The weary FedEx man was still delivering early Dec 25th, and I hope he gets overtime. I debated whether or not I should even put out the toffee, as I personally would have rather hid it away for my own purposes. But I shared--with the likes of my father-in law Jay.He always arrives early, and we had a chance to catch up on life-things.

Mathis Brothers Furniture had these mini-recliners on sale this year, and I have one son who is an OU fan, and another who is an OSU alum. They each have one of my grand babies, and each is old enough to really need a good lazy chair. I set these opposing chairs next to each other--sort of a "Bedlam" thing. Then, an unplanned experiment took place.It should have been no surprise that Sassy would lay claim to one of the chairs--she loves NEW things. But which chair would she take??? After a careful examination, the decision was made--SHE IS A COWBOY FAN!!!

After a scrumptious dinner, it was time to open the gifts.Makenna was ready. She tore into her loot and it was a joyous time!
Like her grandpa, she is quite the ham in front of a camera.Truth be known, I think Dana enjoys gift opening too.


From the looks of things, daughter-in-law Jessie is excited about her Kindle. Jay is satisfied with a nap. Jason scored a Bass Pro gift certificate, and a shopping spree is in his near future.
Chuck received a Garmin, and now has no excuse to not run with his dad--a lot more. (hint hint)

Then, it was time for the next Christmas dinner/celebration. We drove to Skiatook to my parents house.John and Jeff tore into Dana's potato casserole. That would have been a sufficient gift for them. (we are not allowed admittance into their house without a huge pan of it.)
My oldest son Kenny and his wife and my grandson were there. :-) :-) This is Beckett, along with his mom Lynnsey.
Kenny3 (I am a Jr, and he is the third) along with Chuck (this was Chuck's third din din of the day) got a chance to visit their grandparents, which I liked.
Beckett is catching up on his office work, possibly doing a little stock trading.
He's good to, and gives his Uncle Chuck a few tips.
Kenny3 and Lynnsey are expecting another in a few months--and in fact, Jessie and Jason are also expecting, and the due dates are on the SAME DAY!What a great looking bunch!! (Beckett gets his blond hair from his grandpa!!!!)

Mark it up--one of my best Christmas's ever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment