Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Hills Have Eyes




Have you ever been alone and had the feeling someone was watching you? I love running alone, but I often have that feeling on Turkey Mountain. Sometimes I stop and look long and hard--closely, listening, wondering.Sometimes I find the eyes following me as I run by. They are there--mostly unnoticed, but recently I have been more in tune to these silent voyeurs.For the most part, they just observe, seeming to approve of my running through their domain.
Some, like the one above, seem puzzled that I take the time to observe it.
Some seem almost human, but some seem like animal eyes. This one and the one below seem to be feline.

Lots of people know the turtle rock.

This fellow is right around the corner from the turtle.

This guy seemed a little testy of my finding him. I backed off and gave him his space.

This guy was laid back--didn't seem to mind me taking his picture and probably had a lot of stories to tell, but was a little shy about speaking.
This seems to be the likeness of an alien, or what we assume an alien life-form would look like.
This one creeped me out.seeing faces in rocks is one thing. Seeing their teeth is a bit more unnerving.
I noticed this one right after finding a geocache not far from the turtle rock. He was guarding the cache, and did not seem happy at all that I had found it. I turned to go north and found another face glaring at me from the other side of the trail.
Two unfriendly faces was enough. I finished my run via the powerline trail, and saw no faces there at all. Just hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment