Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Come Run Turkey and TATURS!!!! Nov 6th




Years ago, when trail running was new to me, I began to meet people of like minds. The best friends I have ever had in the world are my running friends. Upon forming TATUR (Tulsa Area Trail/Ultra Runners) one of the first things we did together as a group was put on Turkey and TATURs, a trail race on Turkey Mountain. This race is a 50K, a 25K, and a 10K on the best trailz in the Tulsa area.Over the past 5 years, we have had rainy weather, dry weather but muddy trailz, hot weather, and outstandingly nice weather. It has always been fantastic to at least bearable for the runners.
This year, the race has been moved from mid-September to the first weekend in November. The leaves should be spectacular in the peak of their fall color. While it might be a bit cool for aid station workers, it should be perfect for the runners.
I've ran all five 50Ks. It's my favorite 50K--mostly because I have so many friends running with me.Come run with me--as always, the race shirt is awesome, the TATUR aid stations are the best, and you'll get more trailz for your money than you'll get in the average boring flat-and-fast marathon. Trail running is where you'll find the meaning of life. 50K is the new marathon. TZ says so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment