Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday drivel




Since my 50K, I have hobbled around, popped a few handfuls of Vitamin I, and have ran a few easy trail miles on Sunday to work the soreness out of my legs. Funny how I think I can run ultras on such low mileage training weeks and no long runs.Tonight, I ran with some of my road running friends. Well, actually, Bobby, Michael, and Dana were all at Dan man with me, so it is sort of a misnomer to call them roadies. We ran 4.4 miles around Zink Lake, which is near downtown Tulsa. It is actually part of the Arkansas River dammed up by a low water dam. It has always been one of my fave places for some pavement running.(I am always a sucker for a sunset.)Here, Dana heads down the hill to the west side trail.As always, there were geese-a-plenty on the west bank.

The Tulsa skyline, with some tweaking of the color settings.

How to make a so-so picture better? Just add color! (Well, I like it anyway!)

Another downtown shot. Honest, I did not alter this one at all. The twilight factor did me a favor.

The 21st Street bridge. Another picture that was so bad it actually works.

My friends Michael and Sandra running with a setting sun for a back drop.

Cement trucks against a painted sky.

More cheating....this was an awful picture, and just before I was gonna delete it, I bumped up the contrast, and cropped it. Were it not for the power lines, I would use it for a banner.

And hey, congratulate me! A whole post with no mention of poop, throwing up, or breast milk!

Sunday, 

No comments:

Post a Comment