Tuesday, December 18, 2007

tuesday....

just because the electricity came back on, and I got to run
under bright blue skies with a spring like breeze at my back
leaving me thinking that winter’s first assault may be over,
i still mourn for what is lost….old trees that waved to me
as I ran by during the days of summer’s yesterday
i watch as people drag away limbs like dumped garbage
mounding them by the street, not knowing what else to do
i wonder if they silently curse their trees, or grieve for them
sadly, the charm of tulsa's midtown is marred forever
sitting in the park watching sunsets will not be the sameyears will pass, time will heal, we’ll forget this winter massacre
once all this is past, perhaps my lamentation will seem silly
until then, i’ll sift through fallen limbs & drag them to the curb

No comments:

Post a Comment